Bloglovin

Tuesday 30 September 2014

DIY Date Night Jar

I have a very sweet non wedding related DIY for you today! Since Jake and I have moved in together in January, we haven't really been on many date nights. So we decided that it would be good idea to have a jar of dates! :) When we want to go on a date, we just pick one and off we go!





I bought some multi coloured jumbo lollipop sticks off eBay for around £1, grabbed a Sharpie and a big cookie jar (stolen from my mom) and off I went!

I decided to colour code the "dates" into cost so we didn't end up picking out an expensive date of we didn't have a lot of spare cash. I used green as free, blue as £20, yellow as £40, orange as £60 and purple as £60+. The idea is that you can't spend any more than that colour allows.

                               


I sat down with my Sharpie and carefully (otherwise the ink would bleed) wrote on my ideas for each budget. The great thing about this DIY is that it's completely tailored to you as a couple. I put on things like, go dancing, go for a walk, road trip etc, but you might decide to put something like "go bungee jumping" which you wouldn't catch me doing if you paid me! It's completely up to you!

I had 2 things which I put for every colour. These were "bucket list" and "groupon". I have an app on my phone called '111 things' which is a bucket list, so if that gets pulled out we would just pick an item off the bucket list that falls within that budget. If we pull out "groupon" we would find a Groupon that is within the budget and do that! They offer a bit more surprise and variety than my imagination could :')

Hope you have fun doing this and let me know what dates you write down!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment