Bloglovin

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Time for a trim!

So I finally decided it was about time to take some "serious" length off my hair. I have not had my hair cut by a professional for around 18 months! The horror! Haha, I am more than happy to trim my hair myself as my very first job was a Saturday girl in a hair dressers which made me relatively confident about the things I could get away with on my hair.

I trim my hair (and by trim I mean less than half an inch) once every 3-4 months or so but since I experimented with ombre I have noticed that my ends aren't in as good condition as before. So when I say "serious" I actually mean I only took around an inch off.

Let me tell you, to someone who is desperately trying to grow their hair to a deadline, this is A LOT! It killed me. But I had to tell myself it was for the best. After I cut it, I put some argon oil treatment in and whacked it up in a bun all ready for bed :) The argon oil left my hair a little greasy so I washed it and dried it and was very impressed with my straight cutting skills!

My hair now looks a lot thicker and I managed to get rid of pretty much all the split ends! I keep spotting a little one every now and then but I just snip it off with the nearest pair of scissors. Since I don't use too much heat on my hair I'm hoping to get away with 2 or 3 months till I next feel the need to trim it. I do want me hair to be in as good condition as possible until May to help it grow so I will be keeping a very close eye on it and giving it a lot more love and attention than I normally do!

Here is a pic showing my hair journey from when I got engaged (second picture) up until June this year :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement!
    I have just got my hair done this morning, I wish i was a bit more adventurous with my hair, how you have been.
    I boldly dyed it darker this morning - which is a big step for me haha!!

    katielouise-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaww thank you lovely! Haha about a month before the first picture I was platinum blonde!
      Hair can always be dyed and always grown - that's how I see things!

      Stacy xx

      Delete