Bloglovin

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Blushing Budget Bride

So here's a quick update on the wedding so far. 

Me and Jake are getting married on the 30th May 2015. 

I have already got my dress, veil, shoes, chair covers and sashes, transport for me and the bridesmaids, church, reception venue, paid the honeymoon deposit, DJ, photographer, sent my save the dates and got a few bits and bobs for me to attempt some DIYs. How much have we spent so far? £1690.30! 

I want to bust the myth that a wedding has to cost a fortune. We have a modest budget (£5000 preferably including the honeymoon) but I don't want my wedding to feel in any way cheap or that it was done on such a small budget. 

Things we still have to sort? Food, drinks, invitations, bridesmaids dresses, shoes and accessories, groomsmen outfits, shoes and accessories, flowers, church and reception decorations, table centres, seating plans, hen and stag do and various other things I can't think of off the top of my head. 

One way we're trying to keep costs down is by DIYing as much as we can. 

Here is my first attempt at a DIY table centre:



I painted some glass bottles we had leftover and this is what I came up with! We have mirrored plates for them to stand on and miniature candles to be scattered around them but for a first attempt I think this came out brilliantly. Unfortunately, the flowers don't do this justice but they were the only ones I had lying around :')

I also have around 60 glass jars to do something with so I may very well end up going with those as centrepieces rather than the bottles as I think they will look more romantic. What do you think?

Pinterest is my absolute best friend at the moment as well as YouTube, Google and eBay!

I have my shoes and I have also bought some flatbacked pearls and craft glue. I will be attempting a DIY pearl shoe with (potentially) a jewelled 'I do' on the bottom :)

There'll be a post up soon on them as I have nearly finished pearling them so stay tuned!

 

2 comments:

  1. Love those vases! So pretty! I think it is really cool that you are making some of your wedding decor yourself :) Congrats on your engagement - hope you have a wonderful wedding!

    www.simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I want to make it feel as personal as possible :) I'm pearling my own shoes to make them look more classic and hopefully making my own invitations as well!

      Stacy xx

      Delete