Bloglovin

Monday 6 October 2014

The National Wedding Show

 















Warning: Picture Heavy Post
So this weekend me and mother bear went to the National Wedding Show!!!


It was very exciting and there was so much going on I didn't know where to look most of the time and ended up going down a few aisles twice because I'd missed some stands!

We actually ended up buying something from pretty much the first stand we went to. It was a teeth whitening stand and the lady was giving out "samples" to try. It was £40 and apparently has 120 treatments in the bottle and the whiteness lasts approximately 2 years. She said if you put the bottle in the fridge it should last 4-5 years so we would be able to a "second" lot of treatments. I am currently trying this out and will do a review once I've finished :)

I spotted my dress on one of the stands but it must have been a second hand stand because there was makeup on the inside of the dress, stains on the underarms and a pull across the middle of the netting. I know you can't do anything about the netting but you would have at least thought they would have got the dresses dry cleaned!!
 
We actually went there to find ideas for bridesmaid dresses and I was really disappointed with the lack of...well..anything!! There were probably 10 bridesmaid dresses in amongst the thousands of wedding dresses! Do they think we are all bridezillas and only think of ourselves?!

We watched a presentation on body shapes (I came to the conclusion I was a triangle SLASH hourglass. Yes, the woman emphasised the word slash as well :') Straight after that there was a fashion show/catwalk and we decided we would stay for some of it and ending up watching the whole thing! They had different themes such as Winter Wonderland, Blushing Brides, Purity, Country Roads, Highland Hills, Rustic Scenes etc..(disclaimer, those might not be the exact names lol I can't remember what they were!)

Here are a few snaps of the dresses in the show.
 
 
 
 

 
 
Which one was your favourite? :)

2 comments:

  1. I love when they incorporate fur on a wedding look especially if it's winter. It feels so regal. Nice post :)

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The winter section was definitely my favourite because of that! They just looked so elegant! I even thought the feather boa fit in very nicely and added some playfulness without making it tacky :)

      Stacy xx

      Delete