Bloglovin

Thursday 16 October 2014

Review: Angel Paris Marine Depth Spa Shampoo

So my Mom has been trying a brand of shampoo and conditioner called Angel Paris for a few weeks and has been telling me how good it is. She bought me some as a present so I decided to do a full review of the product. 

                           


As you know, I am trying to grow my hair as much as possible in time for the wedding and this shampoo has no SLS which is why I was really keen to try it.
 
1st wash - 17/09/2014

Immediately after getting out of the shower, I noticed my hair was much softer to comb through that it normally is. Since I normally shower in the evening, I let my hair dry overnight to help minimise heat usage. I woke up and didn't really notice much difference to my normal products apart from the ends felt slightly less dry.

The day after, my fringe was definitely greasier than normal and my ends had started to dry out a bit. I also felt like it was getting tangled quite a bit which made it quite hard to brush through before bed.
 
On the 20th I woke up with quite greasy hair but that was because I put some oil through the ends because they were just so dry!
 
2nd wash - 20/09/2014
 
I noticed that I had a LOT less fallout than usual so I was really really happy about that! The day after, I didn't really notice my hair too much as I clipped it away from my face so it wouldn't get in my way.

On the 22nd, I put it in a half up half down ponytail to keep it off my face for work. My hair looked and felt absolutely fine so I didn't feel the need to wash it that night and then next day I just put it up in a ponytail because I was being lazy. Again, it didn't really feel like it needed washing then either so on the 24th I decided to put it up in a messy bun.

3rd wash - 24/09/2014

I washed my hair about an hour before I went to bed. It could have gone another day but I didn't want to be sitting at my desk with dirty feeling hair! If it had fallen on a weekend, I would have definitely let it go that extra day!

It was much dryer than usual the day after but I'm not sure if it might just be an adjustment period? I put a little bit of argan oil on the ends when I got home and it didn't feel quite so bad when I woke up. The 26th looked a little bit limp but not necessarily greasy so I left it down and just clipped my fringe out of my face.
I went to an 80s themed birthday party that night so I used my babyliss deep waver to give it some texture. I did a quick post on the make up below if you want to check that out! Since I wasn't doing anything the day after I put it up in a bun. 

4th wash - 28/09/2014

 My head was quite itchy once it got to this point so I had no choice but to wash it! I put some argan oil in the ends to help with the dryness. I left it to air dry until it was almost completely dry but then blasted the rest of it witht he hairdryer.

The day after, the ends of my hair felt lovely and smooth and this continued on to the next day as well. I wore my hair in a ponytail pretty much the entire time so can't comment on greasiness but my ends felt sooooo much better!

5th wash - 02/10/2014

I only used half the amount of argan oil that I used previously to see if my ends were dry because of the shampoo or an adjustment period. My ends seem absolutely fine but I have noticed I have started to get flaky skin on my scalp. I'm not sure if this is because I'm washing it less therefore I'm not getting rid of the dead cells so I may start only leaving 2 days between washes instead of 3 and see how that goes.

6th wash - 05/10/2014

I only used the half amount of argan oil again as it seemed to be fine with just a small amount on the ends to help with the dryness. The rest of my hair is now pretty consistent across all washes.

7th wash - ???

8th wash - 09/10/2014

I have either managed to forget the date in between washes or I went 4 days despite saying on the 5th wash that I wasn't going to! I washed my hair on Thursday night in preparation for going down to Bournemouth to see Jakes family at the weekend. I had planned to let it go until I got back on the Sunday but that plan didn't work! My hair was very faded as it had been about 6-7 weeks since I last dyed it. Since I'm trying to grow my roots to find out what my natural colour is I decided to pick up a non permanent colour just to give it a boost.

9th wash - 11/10/2014

After washing the colour out my hair is now a pretty browny purple colour which is obviously only temporary. I'm pretty sure my roots will be an ashy brown. I didn't have my oil with me and boy did my ends suffer for it!

10th wash - 14/10/2014

Finally back at home which meant I had my argan oil! I may have gone a little bit overboard with it though as my hair feels slightly greasy and its only the day after!

Final Review

Unfortunately I cant use these on their own as they make my ends far too dry but as long as I use it with an oil of some sort I feel like my hair is healthier for using products without SLS. I can go longer in between washes with this than with my normal shampoo and it hasn't caused my scalp any problems apart from in wash 5. I only use 4 pumps of each bottle so despite the fact that they cost £10 (which in my eyes is expensive) they will last a good amount of time before you have to restock.
Overall, I would give these a very happy 8 out of 10.

1 comment: