Bloglovin

Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year!

 

2015

Welcome to 2015!

If you’re anything like me, you’ll start off the New Year full of the best intentions to stick to any New Years Resolutions you have picked and then come the middle of January you’ll realise that you’ve broke at least half of them!

So this year, instead of picking resolutions that I know I’m not going to be able to stick to (giving up chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc) I’ve picked ones that will help me be happier in life and things I enjoy doing (but perhaps don’t do them as often as I should) and to live life to its full potential.

Here are my new years resolutions Smile

1. Read more

I used to be a total bookworm and I love reading so a couple of Christmas’s ago I got a Kindle. I loved that I could get books for cheaper that in the shops and I instantly downloaded and read a TON of ebooks! However, this last year its really slipped. I don’t think I’ve picked it up for a good 6 months! If anyone has any suggestions for books they’ve enjoyed, please leave me a comment so that I can check it out!

2. Draw more

I have a sketchbook that Jake bought for me and some good pencils but again, I don’t think I’ve picked either up for a few months. I’m mid way through drawing Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and I really should finish him. I can’t sit and just draw a full picture in one go, I have to put it down and go back to it otherwise I mess things up. I have already marked the next couple of pages in the book with people who I would like to draw so I should really sit down and start it again before I go back to drawing stick people!

3. Go to the gym at least once a week

I actually enjoy the gym when I get there. It’s getting there that’s usually the problem! I have a gym buddy and when we both go it’s great, but she has a very busy job/lifestyle so it’s not always possible for us to go on a set day each week.

4. Eat healthier

As I have been trying to lose weight for my wedding (13lbs down!) I have been inevitably eating healthier. But I have actually found that I really enjoy eating healthy and so I want to try more foods and see what else I like that I never thought I would.

5. Go outside of my comfort zone

I have a habit of saying I won’t like something before I actually try it! I think that I know what I will and won’t like and won’t try anything if I think I won’t. So this year, I want to try and go outside of my comfort zone. This could be with trying new foods or trying new experiences. For Christmas, Jake’s stepdad got the boys and their girlfriends tickets to use this big zip wire thing on Bournemouth pier and the thought of it scares me! But I really want to try it and you never know, I might find out that I’m a bit of an adrenaline junky!

6. Try to blog at least once a week

I already know that this is easier said than done. I don’t lead a particularly interesting life and so don’t have much to write about but I have a lot of interests and I will be doing a lot of wedding planning now that it’s less than 5 months away Surprised smile so I will have some nice DIYs to blog about and give people hints and tips on how to do their own budget wedding!

So there are my 6 New Years Resolutions and I will try and keep you updated on how they go throughout the year which will give me extra motivation to stick to them! What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment