Bloglovin

Monday 17 November 2014

Spider Free Home!

As someone who is terrified of spiders, this summer/autumn has been absolutely horrible! The disturbing size of the monsters that have been occupying my house left me scared of being home alone in case one decided to make an appearance!

After 2 monsters in one night I decided enough was enough. 

I'd seen some reviews on a plug in spider repellant but at £25 I was a bit reluctant as I hate spending money unnecessarily. Especially on things that I'm sceptical about them working. 

I found someone on eBay with good feedback and they also offered a money back guarantee if your house wasn't spider free after 45 days. Win! It did warn that there could be increased activity in the first week or so as the spider vacate but I could cope with that if it meant I wouldn't see any again!

I plugged it in on the 5th October before I went to visit my mom and the image I had in my head when I got home was like the scene from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets where all the spiders are all in a conga line across the floor :') safe the say, that isn't what happened!

I think we had around 4 spiders (massive ones as well!) in the first week which was as expected but then we didn't see a single one after! It was only this week that I saw 2 small (and I mean tiny) ones lurking around. I am soooo happy!!

So the one I ended up getting is PestBye Advanced Spider Repeller and I got it through eBay. 


It has a variable frequency so it works on thing other than spiders but I've just put mine on a fixed one as we don't get anything else. 

If you don't want to spend £25 then other things I've heard work are conkers, peppermint, tee tree oil, lemon and certain plants all give off a smell that spiders don't like. I do have 2 conkers on my bedroom windowsill and they've been there longer than we've had the plug in and seemed to do the job but it could just be that there were more spiders downstairs than upstairs!

Let me know what you've tried as you can never be too prepared when it comes to spiders in my opinion!!

No comments:

Post a Comment